Energy Certificates (RECs)
- When installing a solar water heater which replaces the
use of electricity produced from fossil fuels, you have
the right to create RECs.
- Details of the REC program is contained in the Office
of the Renewable Energy Regulator's (ORER) website
- The number of RECs varies between different models of
solar water heaters depending upon their efficiency
- You may keep your RECs, or sell them to any person registered
with the Office of the Renewable Energy Regulator (ORER)
- Most Water Heater Manufacturers have entered into an arrangement
with a registered energy authority, whereby a purchaser
may assign their rights to create the RECs to that authority,
in an attempt to streamline the process.
The REC rebate for an average 300 ltr solar system can amount to around $800 (Terms & Conditions apply).
- Australian Solar and Air can assist with the product selection and associated RECs and rebates for your area, and by providing necessary forms for claims, etc.